Sunday, May 10, 2009

Review: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home


Though I should have completed this review a long time ago, I'm thrilled to share it with you now! Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home is a easy to use, easy to read book with all sorts of tips and trips on how to make keeping your home clean much easier.

I will admit, I'm not the world's best housekeeper. It isn't something I love to do, and with a full time job, 2 kids and a husband, and graduate school, it falls by the wayside. However, this book makes it seem much more manageable. Mrs. Meyer breaks tasks down into workable chunks, and has a recommended schedule for most everything. I also really like that she shares her own family with her readers, describing each of her 9 (yes, nine!) children and the gifts they bring to their family.

Like I said, I could use some help in the housekeeping department. If you don't believe me, ask my mother-in-law! And I don't mean that in a disrespecting way, I mean it...ask her, cause she's come to help out clean up when it has gotten really out of hand. She tells of how she and her 4 sisters cleaned their home from top to bottom each week. That just isn't possible with a full time teaching job, but I can put more effort into it. With Mrs. Meyer's help, I think I can do it!

This book definitely gets my recommendation! You can purchase it AND cleaning products based on Mrs. Meyer's cleaning philosophy (and created by her daughter!) at the Mrs. Meyer's website.

No comments: