Monday, July 20, 2009

Want to keep up with your child's homework?

Blue_Theme


If you do, then you need to check out this awesome website that I have the honor of reviewing today: Parentella!

Let me tell you: I was impressed with this site from the get-go. I liked its clean organization and its easy to navigate style. I LOVED the concept behind the idea of an easy to keep up with way for teachers to post information that their students needed to know, and an equally easy way for parents to keep a check on what their child needed to be completing. To combine them into one site that is all this AND MORE, was more than I even expected!

Here is a description from the site:
Parentella is the place to keep up with news for your children's classes and activities. Get all the latest from schools, and teachers, keep in touch with other parents, and keep current for after-school activities!

Never forget a special day and stay in the loop on all your kids’ activities.


Sounds great, doesn't it??

But it gets even better, ya'll!

How much do you think this type of thing would cost? Do you think there might be a site fee for a school to use it, or maybe if a teacher paid a small fee it would allow a certain number of parents to log in as well? As a teacher and a parent, I would be willing to pay for such a thing.



Nope. Don't have to. Believe it or not, this lovely little connection can be set up for FREE!! I could hardly believe it!


So here is what I suggest to you:

If you are a teacher, set yourself up an account. After you do, tell your teacher friends about it. In fact, while you're at it, tell your administrators about it, too! Make sure you send home information with your students on the first day of school so they can quickly get 'in the know' on what their little darlings are up to during the day.

If you are a parent, ask your child's teacher(s) if they would be willing to give it a try. I am sure that there are some teachers out there that wouldn't totally love it, but I'd say there are even more who would jump at the chance to use this life-simplifying tool!

Finally, I would like to thank parentella for thinking of and sharing their wonderful tool with us, and especially for doing so for free!

No comments: