Saturday, August 15, 2009

Review: Fruit2O essentials



I have had the great opportunity to try out one of the new additions to the flavored water world: Fruit2O essentials! I was already a fan of Fruit 2O and other fruit flavored water, as I am much better about drinking something with a little more flavor to it. Now with the essentials line, we have the added benefit of the nutrients found in fruit--so we're not only hydrated by drinking these delicious drinks, we're getting the essentials that we might not get in our busy lives!

Each bottle of Fruit2O essentials contains 4-5 nutrients equal to the amount found in 2 servings of fruit. Since fruit often has natural sugars and calories, I know I've been guilty of skipping fruit in my diet and saving those calories for other foods. Now with essentials, I can have the best of both! I can save calories AND get the nutrients I need! The essentials have 0 calories, 0 sugar, AND 1 gram of fiber--something we ALL need more of in our diet!

I tried out 5 of the 6 flavors of Fruit2O essentials: Cranberry Raspberry, Strawberry Kiwi, Peach Mango, Citrus, and Blueberry Pomegranate. I like that these are some taste combinations not previously available in a water. My favorite flavors were Citrus and Blueberry Pomegranate, but I honestly enjoyed all the flavors!

Here are the specific nutrients provided in each flavor:
Cranberry Raspberry contains Zinc, Vitamin E, Potassium, and Manganese

Strawberry Kiwi
contains Vitamin E, Phosphorus, Vitamin B6, and Manganese

Peach Mango contains Vitamin E, Phosphorus, Vitamin B6, Manganese, and Vitamin B5

Citrus contains Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B5

Blueberry Pomegranate contains Vitamin E, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin B6, and Manganese

Cherry Acai
contains Phosphorus, Vitamin B6, Manganese, and Vitamin B5.

Why do we need these specific nutrients?
I'm so glad you asked! According to materials provided by Fruit2O essentials, this is why we need them!

Manganese, Phosphorus, and Vitamins B5 and B6
are essential for the maintenance of strong healthy bones, immune function, and energy production. Zinc supports healthy immune function, cell growth and vision. Potassium is an electrolyte that helps maintain proper hydration and muscle function. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that provides cellular protection against free radicals.


Sounds to me like everyone wins by drinking these waters!

So next time you pick up a pack of bottled water for your family, try Fruit2O essentials! You'll be glad that you did!

No comments: